The Wallaceburg & District Museum is currently looking for applications for the full time position of Programming Developer to join our team for summer 2019. The Programming Developer will report directly to Curator/Manager and will work closely with Social Media/ Program Coordinator. The duties of the Programming Developer will include engaging with the public, assist in operating museum events and to create a museum based programme for the Wallaceburg and District Museum by the end of their placement. Applicants interested in the position should be a full time post secondary student; have experience working in the cultural or education field; available for some weekends and Friday nights; an interest in education and history; and comfortable working in a team environment.
The Wallaceburg & District Museum displays the history of the town of Wallaceburg dating to early Scottish settlement on Lake St. Clair to the end of the town’s industrial era in the late 1990s’. We have one of the largest collections of glass artifacts in Canada and display the Lee-Enfield rifle collection. In addition we have the Wallaceburg Sports Hall of Fame proudly displaying Wallaceburg athletes. The Museum is open year round Tuesday to Saturday.
If interested please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
• Creating a Museum Program
• Working with the public
• Working with volunteers
• Assisting and delivering special presentations to community groups outside the museum
• Assisting with special event nights
• Work and interact with various members of the public
• Public speaking skills
• Time management skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Familiar with Microsoft Office software
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• 35h of work per week
• First aid and CPR training
• Must have valid Vulnerable Sector Police Check
• Between ages of 15-30
• Willing to commit to the full work term
• Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the immigration and refugee protection act.
• Not employed in another full-time position (over 30 hours/week)
If you are looking to gain experience, please consider volunteering with us.